Agent Training and Certification
Agent Training and Certification courses are provided in-person. Certification requires
8 hours of in-person training, a passing exam, and submittal of all required documents.
The Instructor Led Training will be eligible for Continuing Education (CE) credit through the California Department of Insurance.
In order to complete Agent Training and Certification, agents must complete the following steps:
- License is validated (allow 48 hours)
- You will receive an email notifying you of your status and next steps
- Email will follow confirming your enrollment
3. Attend the 8 hour instructor-led training class
- Note that it can take up to 48 hours for your attendance to register in the Learning Management System
4. Pass the Certification Test with a score of 80% or higher
- Notified immediately confirming pass or fail and next steps
Note: Take a screenshot of the passing exam in the event of any technical issues.
5. Once you pass the certification test, you will be sent an email with instructions requesting you to submit the following:
- Proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Payee Data Record, STD 204
- Signed Covered CA Agent Agreement
- Instructions on how to pay for the CDI endorsement & handling fee online
- Specific instruction on how to return your documents via email, fax or mail
- Please review the Agent Certification Process quick slide-deck which will help with questions when completing and submitting the paperwork.
Note: You are not a Covered CA Certified Insurance Agent until you receive a passing score on the certification test AND you have completed and submitted the document requirements above.