Agent Training and Certification
AGENT FINAL ITL'S FOR WINTER/SPRING 2014
If you are in the Learning Management System (LMS) and have not taken the Instructor-Led Training (ILT), please note that the Final ILT's for Winter/Spring have concluded as of 3/14/2014. We will be looking at scheduling additional courses on an as needed basis in 2-3 months prior to our next open enrollment.
Certified Insurance Agents will be certified with Covered CA if they meet all the requirements outlined in Steps 1 through 4. The Instructor Led Training will be eligible for Continuing Education (CE) credit through the California Department of Insurance.
In order to complete Agent Training and Certification, agents must complete the following steps:
- Note username & password for this login
- Create an account on CoveredCA.com.
- Allow 2-3 business days for license to be validated with CDI
- AGENT FINAL ILT'S FOR WINTER/SPRING 2014-NOW CLOSED
This login and password is separate from your Covered CA account.
- Receive email with login instructions for Learning Management System (LMS) which is where you will complete your required in-person class and exam. Email will follow confirming your enrollment.
- Register for Instructor Led Training Session (enrolls/attends an ILT)
3. Pass the Certification Test with a score of 80% or higher
- Pass the Certification Insurance Agent exam (80% or better)
- Agent notified immediately confirming pass or fail after completing the exam. (You may re-take the exam up to three times if you do not pass).
- In 2-3 Business Days agent will receive a "Next Steps" email from email@example.com with the final paperwork instructions.
4. Once you pass the certification test, you will be sent an email with instructions requesting you to submit final paperwork:
- Please review the Agent Certification Process quick slide-deck which will help with questions when completing and submitting the paperwork which includes:
- Signed Covered CA Agent Agreement
- Exhibit "A"
- Proof of Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Payee Data Record STD 204
- This email will also contain instructors on how to pay for the CDI endorsement & handling fee online as well as specific instructions on how to return your documents via email, fax or mail.
- Allow 7-10 business days for final paperwork to be processed. Agent will be notified of their certification status provided there is no missing information or errors with their paperwork.
Agent status is set to "Certified" on Covered California Website
Agent is now public on Covered CA website and permitted to assist Employers, Employees and/or Individuals.