Documents You'll Need

  • Social Security numbers for applicants who have them.
  • Immigration documents for non-citizens, such as an "A" number, USCIS number or arrival/depature document number.
    • Undocumented family members are not eligible for Covered California coverage but may qualify for other programs.
  • Employer and income information for everyone in your family. Examples include pay stubs or proof of unemployment benefits and your employer’s address.
  • Federal tax information of the person who files taxes as the head of household and any dependents claimed on that person’s taxes.
    • If you don’t file taxes, you may still qualify for free or low-cost insurance through Medi-Cal.
alert icon

We keep your information private and secure, as required by law. We’ll use your information only to see if you qualify for health insurance.