Proof of Identity
Submit a copy of one of the following documents.
- Driver’s license issued by a state or territory showing either a photograph of the individual and/or other identifying information of the individual such as name, age, sex, race, height, weight or eye color.
- School identification card that includes a photograph.
- Voter Registration Card.
- U.S. Military card, draft record or Military dependent’s identification card.
- Identification card issued by the federal, state, or local government that contains a photograph.
- U.S. or foreign passport, U.S. passport card (expired passport may be used) or identification card issued by a foreign embassy or consulate that contains a photograph.
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570) or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561).
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551).
- Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766).
- Native American tribal document with photograph.
- For children under the age of 16:
- A clinic, doctor, hospital, or school record.
- In the absence of the previous, a written statement signed under penalty of perjury by the parents or guardian stating date and place of birth (cannot be used in conjunction with a citizenship affidavit).
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card.
- Finding of identity from a federal agency or state government agency including but not limited to public assistance, law enforcement, internal revenue or tax bureau, or corrections agency, if the agency has verified and certified the identity of the individual.
Instructions on how submit documents can be found on the Submit Documents to Confirm Your Eligibility page.
If you cannot provide a copy of any of the identity documents listed above, you must provide copies of two of the following documents:
- Birth certificate.
- Social Security card.
- Marriage certificate.
- Divorce decree.
- Employer identification card.
- High school or college diploma (including high school equivalency diplomas).
- Property deed or title document.
- Adoption decree.
- Foreign school record that contains a photograph.
- Notice from public benefits agency.
- Union or worker’s center identification card.
Edit this card
Want to get started with Covered California?
Edit this component
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Edit this card
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact our customer support directly.