Gold Copay Plans: Copays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
Copays are the set amount you pay for a covered health care service. For Gold plans, a doctor visit costs $35.
Deductible is the name for the amount of money you have to pay in one year before your plan starts to pick up the costs for certain services. Gold (and Platinum) plans do not have deductibles.
Coinsurance is your share of costs for a covered health care service. It’s calculated as a percentage. For example, under a Gold plan, you would pay 20 percent of the total cost of a wheelchair or oxygen tank, and your plan would pay for the remaining 80 percent.
Edit this card
Edit this component
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.