Silver 73: Copays, Deductibles and Coinsurance

Copays are the set amount you pay for a covered health care service. For a Silver 73 plan, a doctor visit costs $45. 

Deductible is the name for the amount of money you have to pay in one year before your plan starts to pick up the costs for certain services. For Silver 73, that amount for individuals is $4,750 for medical services and $30 for prescription drugs. A family’s deductible is $9,500 for medical services and $60 for prescriptions. There is no deductible for dental care. 

Coinsurance is your share of costs for a covered health care service. It’s calculated as a percentage. For example, under a Silver 73 plan, you would pay 20 percent of the total cost of a wheelchair or oxygen tank after meeting your deductible, and your plan would pay for the remaining 80 percent. 

Edit this card
Want to get started with Covered California?

Edit this component

Was this article helpful?

Thanks for your feedback.

thumb_up Yes
thumb_down No

Edit this card
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact our customer support directly.