How It Works
Applying is easy — and free. With hundreds of enrollment centers and thousands of certified enrollers statewide, you have many convenient options when it comes to getting assistance.
Call to make an appointment to get free help signing up for a plan.
- Social Security numbers for applicants who have them.
- Immigration documents for non-citizens, such as an “A” number, USCIS number or arrival/departure document number.
- Undocumented family members are not eligible for Covered California coverage but may qualify for other programs.
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family. Examples include pay stubs or proof of unemployment benefits and your employer’s address.
- Federal tax information of the person who files taxes as the head of household and any dependents claimed on that person’s taxes.
- If you don’t file taxes, you may still qualify for free or low-cost insurance through Medi-Cal.