Creating an Online Account
If you don’t already have one, we recommend that you create a Covered California online account. This will allow you to view your application online and update your account information.
Steps to Create an Online Account for Existing Members
- Click on the Sign In button at the top of the screen.
- Then click the “Create One Now” link in the log in box.
- Complete all of the required fields on the “User Information” pages.
- Be sure to select the “Yes” button when answering the question “Do you have an existing case that you would like to link to this new account?”
- Then a box will appear that asks you to enter your access code. If you have previously applied for coverage with an agent or service center representative, you will need this code to connect your coverage to this new online account. Please call our Service Center at (800) 300-1506 to request your access code. Enter your code.
- After completing the user information, select a username and password.
- Password tip: Avoid common dictionary words or keyboard patterns such as “Qwerty1!”
Forgotten Username or Password
If you have forgotten your username or password after setting up a Covered California online account, you can reset your password by clicking “Sign In” and clicking the “Forgot your password?” link.
Enter your username. After you correctly answer your security questions, you will be able to enter a new password. If you do not remember the answers to your security questions, it is best to leave them unanswered and call the Service Center at (800) 300-1506. A Service Center representative can help reset your password.
Here are the rules for creating a password:
- Must be at least 8 characters.
- Cannot be more than 50 characters.
- Cannot contain dictionary words, names, and common keyboard patterns (example: Qwerty1!).
And must contain at least 3 of the following:
- UPPERCASE letter (A-Z).
- Lowercase letter (a-z).
- Number (0-9).
- Special character.