What Plans Cover
All health insurance plans must provide a comprehensive package of items and services, known as essential health benefits.
- Ambulatory patient services.
- Emergency services.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
- Prescription drugs.
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.
- Laboratory services.
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
- Services for children, including dental and vision care. Dental insurance for children is included in the price of all health plans purchased in the exchange.
Edit this card
Want to get started with Covered California?
Edit this component
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.