Whom to Contact
Contact Covered California to:
- Report any changes to the information in your application, such as changes to your income and address. You may also add or remove dependents. These changes can affect your financial help, so it is very important to report them within 30 days of when the change occurred.
- Find out if you or a member of your family is eligible for Medi-Cal.
- Get coverage through Covered California if you have Medi-Cal now but will be losing that coverage.
- Update information such as citizenship, proof of residency and income verification.
- Make changes to your health coverage.
- Find out when and if you can enroll.
- See if you are eligible to enroll during special enrollment due to a qualifying life event.
- Request your IRS Form 1095-A.
- Cancel your coverage.
Contact your health insurance company to:
- Make a payment, online or by phone.
- Request a new membership ID card.
- Ask a question about billing and payments.
- Learn more about benefits and eligibility.
- Get help finding doctors or other providers.
- Find out how claims for services were paid.
- Change primary care physicians.
How to Report Concerns
If you are not satisfied after speaking to your health insurance company and would like to file a complaint, you can call the California Department of Managed Health Care at (888) 466-2219. If your health insurance is Health Net PPO, call the California Department of Insurance instead, at (800) 927-4357.
Free local assistance is available to help you if you have concerns about your health insurance company. The Health Consumer Alliance can help you work with your health insurance company, the Department of Managed Health Care and the Department of Insurance.
Contact the Health Consumer Alliance at (888) 804-3536 or visit http://healthconsumer.org.
Want to get started with Covered California?
Edit this component
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Edit this card
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact our customer support directly.