Renewing Your Health Plan
The renewal period for Covered California has ended. Renewal will begin again in the fall of 2021.
During the renewal period for your health insurance plan, you will be able to:
- Review and update your contact information and application.
- Compare different plans to get the best coverage for your needs and budget. All plans, Bronze to Platinum, offer the same level of high-quality health care. The only difference is you choose the best payment option for you!
- Find out if your costs have changed, or if you can receive financial help to lower your monthly premium. If you previously have not applied for financial help, you will be asked if you would like to see if you qualify for help. If you select “YES” then “Save & Continue,” you will be guided through sections of your application to provide more information.
- If your health plan has been renewed and you would still like to make a change, visit the Enrollment Dashboard under “Manage your 2021 Application.” Then select “Change Plans” to update to your new 2021 health plan.
- If you previously have not applied for financial help but would like to see if you qualify, select “Report a Change” after you log in to your CoveredCA.com account.
- Make sure the doctors or hospitals you want are included in the plans you are comparing by using Covered California’s Shop and Compare Tool, while shopping within your application or by contacting the health insurance companies directly.
For questions or additional help renewing your health plan contact an expert in your area for free assistance or call Covered California at (800) 300-1506 (TTY:  889-4500).
IMPORTANT: If you take no action to actively renew or change plans, you will automatically be enrolled, 30 days after the date on the renewal notice you received in the mail, into the same plan you had the previous year, if available, and using the most recent household size and income information you gave us to determine the amount of financial help you may be qualified to recieve.
How to Renew With Medi-Cal
Medi-Cal renewal happens throughout the year, occurring on the anniversary of your enrollment in Medi-Cal.
If members of your household have Medi-Cal, they will receive a Medi-Cal renewal form from their local county human services agency. Complete this form and mail or fax it, along with any information the county requests, to your local county human services agency. You can also renew by visiting your county human services agency in person or by calling the phone number on the renewal notice.
If you lose Medi-Cal coverage, you may enroll in health insurance coverage through Covered California during open enrollment or in the special-enrollment period due to a loss of coverage.